Friday, August 31, 2007

March of Fall


The rhythm of the days are changing... you can see it in the quality of the light, the position of the sun and the picture-perfect days. There is plenty to do, and I sometimes think of that old tale about he grasshopper and the ant. And actually there are many signs even for casual observers like myself. The quantity of crickets in the yard as I mow the late summer grass has increased, small frogs are starting to show up in all sorts of places around the house and down near the brook, and greater quantities of sparrows and finches are visiting the thistle feeders.

So, what does all this mean as one season passes across another? Well, I have always held a theory that for every day in the year there is an equal day - in light, temperature, and balance - on the other side of the calendar. I know, it is hard to explain, but on a morning like today, as I write this and look out over the Pequit Brook I am sure that the same light is filtering through the trees and the air feels the same as that picture perfect day several months ago and a few seasons back. So, there is my crazy seasonal theory.

Just received some great little cards to help promote the site as well as use a business cards. You should really check out the great cards at Moo.com. Silly me made a mistake on the first print run and neglected to get my telephone number correctly. I was crestfallen, because I loved the cards, but there was no way I could use them. I wrote a quick note to the folks at Moo and asked for an "idiot Discount" on a reprint. Very quickly I got an email from Dan M. stating "We do not offer an idiot discount, however we do offer a one time only, mistake reprint!" and lo and behold, the kind folks in England behind the printing press kindly send a new batch. I can not say enough about this great service. I urge you to create a set for yourself and for the shear joy of sharing make your talents known to the world, or at least those around you.

No comments: