Friday, July 23, 2004

For some reason I have not spent as much time blogging which incidently coincides with the fact that I have not spent much time with the bees. I placed the honey supers on vety late this year (July) and I am sure that the bees appreciate the space, but as for honey flow, I fear that it will be a very light yield.

The season began so late, mostly owing to the difficulty in actually getting live bees. My first supplier cancelled and so it was almost May before I could get another source.

The fact that I ahve not been able to spend much time on the hives does not mean that I have lost any interest. In April I was saddened by the empty hives and toyed with going a year without the bees, but I really missed the bees. I found a good source and bought two nucs and so began the season.

Earlier this week I was mowing down by the brook and you could smell the beeswax and honey on the light breeze. For me there is nothing finer than the fragrance of the apiary.

No comments: